ELight IPL hair removal offers clinically-proven, safe and effective long-term removal and reduction of unwanted and in-growing hair.
How does IPL Hair Removal Work ?
To achieve long lasting or permanent hair reduction, it is necessary to destroy the hair follicle from which individual hairs grow. Well controlled pulses of light penetrate the upper skin layer and are absorbed by one of the body's own natural chemicals - melanin - in the hair contained in the follicle.
Melanin converts the light energy into heat. This heat is transferred to the hair follicle, which is destroyed, making it unable to produce a new hair. The treatment is only effective on growing hairs as these are still attached to the follicle. The majority of our hair is in the resting phase which explains why more than one treatment is necessary. This technique is called "Selective Photothermolysis".
Does it Hurt?
Only mildy. Our CNLight machine is new ELight technology which is IPL combined with Radio Frequency and Cooling. This is far less painful that older style IPL and laser hair removal and can also treat all skin types. The sensation can feel like a sharp warmth in more sensitive places, however we use cooling technology and aloe vera gel post treatment to help reduce discomfort to an absolute minimum. Results can start be noticeable within a week or so, but usually requires a few treatments to completely remove unwanted hair from an area, as all hairs will be at different stages of the growth cycle and at different densities. As a guide, 6-10 treatments are typical. A full free consultation is required to carry out patch testing and ascertain whether you are suitable for this treatment.
PRICES - BUY A COURSE OF 6 TREATMENTS AND RECEIVE 1 SESSION FREE.
BOOK 10 (RECOMMENDED) AND RECEIVE 2 FREE.
|Area||Single||Course of 6||Course of 10|
|(1 Free)||(2 Free)|
|Lip & Chin||£75||£375||£600|
Thread Veins - From £95
IPL Skin Rejuvenation - £185
Care of Skin After IPL Hair Removal
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for the week before and the following 2 weeks
• Avoid exercise for 24 hours
• Avoid wearing make up for 24 hours on the area treated
• Avoid heat treatment like hot showers, steam rooms and sauna for at least 24-48 hours
• Avoid swimming – chlorine & chemicals could irritate the skin
• Don’t pick, rub, scratch or irritate skin
• Do not use any Alpha Hydroxy products for 24-48 hours
• Moisturise the skin day and night
• Use sunscreen
• For underarms, avoid use of deodorants on the morning of treatment and for 24-48 hours after
• Make sure to adequately space out laser hair removal sessions. Ideally, 4-12 weeks is advised
Contra-indications to IPL Hair Removal
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Skin diseases
- Bleeding disorders
- Severe reactions to histamines
- Previous surgery such as chemical peels and laser resurfacing
- Keloid scarring
- Open wounds and lesions
- Certain medications (including antibiotics) - check with GP
- Herpes, cold sores
- Tattoos in treatment area
- Recent plucking, waxing or use of depilatory creams